New opportunties. Positive outcomes.
The Arkansas Juvenile Assessment and Treatment Center provides a safe environment where students develop their skills with the help of supportive faculty and staff. Through our strong public-private partnership with the state’s resources, talented workforce, supportive communities and progressive policies, AJATC offers youth a chance to receive a quality education, to discover a passion in sports, the arts or vocations, and (most importantly) the chance for rehabilitation and reintegration.
In order to be effective, we have learned that partnerships work best, and we embrace the fact that our services will continue to evolve according to the latest research, state initiatives and the needs of our students. We have expanded the services we offer to increase family engagement, and have embraced trauma-responsive care. We work to bring hope, independence and citizenship to Arkansas’s future generations.
- Daily evidence-based cognitive-behavioral treatment
- Health & Wellness program teaches youth healthy habits through daily exercise and health education
- Accredited, on-site charter school offers normalized high school education
- Credit recovery, special education, GED completion and high school diplomas offered
- Opportunities for community engagement through local partnerships
- Relevant, career technical education to prepare students for the workplace